At FOCUS, we believe that informed and engaged civic leaders are essential for our region to thrive. Voting is one opportunity to support your community and have a say in its future. If you haven’t already cast your vote, here are some tools and resources to explore before you head to the polls on Nov. 3.
Be Prepared and Vote Safely
If you will be voting in person on election day:
- Prepare for lines. Polls are open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. The St. Louis County Board of Elections will be publishing wait times on election day via their interactive online map.
- Review the requirements of what to bring and how to vote in Missouri and Illinois.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth, bring hand sanitizer, vote alone and stay at least 6 feet apart.
- If you feel that someone is interfering with your right to cast a vote (or are unsure of your rights), you can contact the ACLU’s nonpartisan Election Protection Hotline at 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
Review Your Ballot
Explore the issues and candidates on your ballot using any of the tools below:
- Voter Outreach Center (MO)
- St. Louis Public Radio Voter Guide (MO/IL)
- Voter’s Guide, from the Post-Dispatch & League of Women Voters (MO)
- Ballotpedia Sample Ballet Lookup (MO/IL)
- BallotReady (MO/IL)
- Vote411.org (MO/IL)
- Vote.org (MO/IL)
- YourMissouriJudges (MO)
You may also want to check out our blog post, Guide to Casting an Informed Vote.
Keep the Conversation Going
While our country’s attention is drawn to this national election, we know that civic engagement must extend beyond the polling booth. Every election matters, as well as what we do the rest of the year. At FOCUS, we train leaders and give them the tools to reach across divisions and create, influence and inspire change at all levels.
As FOCUS-trained leaders, we encourage and invite you to keep these important conversations going. Here are some resources to help.
- Our upcoming Elevate Leadership workshop on Productive Conflict on Nov. 20
- Strategies for Dialogue from the Difficult Dialogues National Resource Center
- Bridging Social Divides with Better Arguments from the Aspen Institute
Your investment in FOCUS also helps train current and future leaders who will shape our collective future. Consider joining or renewing your membership today, or making a gift to one of our scholarship funds, to show your ongoing commitment to leadership in our region.
Your voice matters – on Election Day and every day.