The Ripple Effect: Unraveling the Childcare Crisis and Its Impact on Our Region
Date(s) - November 01, 2023
8:00 am - 9:30 am
YWCA Phyllis Wheatley Heritage Center
2711 Locust Street
St. Louis, MO 63103
Registration for this event is now closed. If you need to make changes to an existing registration, please contact Kayla Dix at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know that nearly half of Missouri children ages five and under live in child care deserts? The national childcare crisis is not just about children and caretakers – it’s an issue affecting our families, our workforce, our economy and our community. Join us for a panel discussion on this important topic, as we explore the scope of the childcare challenge in our region and its far-reaching impact. With the help of our expert panel, learn about potential short- and long-term strategies and steps we can take on a personal, community and policy level to be part of the solution.
- Moderator: Deanna Finch, Executive Director, United 4 Children (Women In Leadership 2022 / Leadership St. Louis 2024)
- Stacy Johnson, Chief Program Officer / Head Start Director, YWCA of Metropolitan St. Louis (Leadership St. Louis 2022)
- Evan Krauss, Executive Director, East Side Aligned
- Heidi Sutherland, Director of Legislative Affairs, Missouri Chamber of Commerce
- Paula-Breonne Vickers, Director of Early Childhood Power Building, WEPOWER (Youth Leadership St. Louis 2010 / Emerging Leaders 2022)
8:00-8:30 a.m. – Check-in and Networking
8:30-9:30 a.m. – Panel Discussion
There is no cost to attend, but advance registration is required.